I'm looking for a dress. I just want a nice Sunday dress that is cute and classy. It's sad to say I don't own a dress, just a bunch of skirts and that is because whenever I go dress shopping I can't seem to find anything modest or flattering or cute. I've come to the conclusion I'm shopping at the wrong places. I've decided there is this secret store out there that all of you shop at and I am not in the know. Help me out! Where do you shop for dresses? Online or otherwise. Seriously...I expect a comment from each of you telling me your secret spot!
Race With the Devil [1975]
1 year ago



18 comments:
I know EXACTLY how you feel! I like to call myself the queen of skirts. I'm constantly looking for a cute, stylish, and modest dress. I still haven't found one. I've ordered a few online, but they they turned out really ugly in person. I'm going to be checking your comments to see what everyone else says. And if I EVER find a cute dress I'll let ya know!
Holly! I ALWAYS score big time at Ross! I have never paid more than $16 for a dress there, and they are ALL super cute! The are long enough (right at knee or a TINY bit above), some are a deeper V neck, but you could totally wear something cute underneath it! I LOVE DRESSES!
Also, try Forever 21! I dont know if they have one in your area, but I've got a couple cute things there as well. :) Good luck!
I never buy dresses either, but it seems like down east outfitters always has cute ones.
now will you e-mail me your address already so I can send you your Christmas card.
Try Khols. They have a huge dress selection and good deals if you go in the morning. A bunch of them are super low cut though so I put a form fitting tank underneath. All kidding aside, Motherhood has these tank tops that come in a few different shades that work great under shirts and stuff. They're in the underoo section usually by the bras.
If you want to look like all the other LDS girls, go to Downeast Basics. I have about 5 from there and they always have sales. The only downfall...I always see people with the same dress... but since you aren't in Utah, you may or may not be one of a kind! Try http://www.downeastbasics.com/
I just looked at the site and they don't have much of a selection right now, but check back. They get really cute ones every once in a while! PS...the dark denim one looks way cute, but I tried it on once and it fit weird. FYI.
If you can get over the whole skirt thing...the Jubilee skirt is dang cute.
Target has some darling ones too. Thanks for giving me an excuse to shop online.
I too have been looking for a dress. I can't find anything that fits right. I was at Ross a couple of weeks ago, I got the dress on and then I couldn't get it off! I had a panic attack and right before I was about to pass out I ripped it -literally- all the way off my body. Yeah, haven't dress shopped since! I too am going to watch your comments to see your advice! :)
So I've gotten some cute ones from Target. RIght now they don't seem to have any but I usually can find really cute ones there. I couldn't find any at Kohls today but one of my friend's suggested TJ Max and Ross! Good luck! Let us know how it turns out. Maybe this is not dress season cuz I haven't been able to find any either!
tell jennie b to invite me to her blog so i can keep grandma updated on the b family. thanks and good luck finding a dress. i can never find any that work for me either. love ya!
I LOVE down east outfitters also! They are cute and sassy, but modest...LOVE them! THey are pretty cheaply priced which is a double bonus! As far as I know you shouldn't get "stuck" in any of them... only Ariann can manage that one!:)
Okay, so I may be a little off the Downeast wagon, but I have a hard time finding cute dresses too. The ONLY places that I can actually find one I like is Macy's, Dillard's, Banana Republic, or on occassion Ann Taylor Loft. Good luck!
Ok, so I'm a little embarassed to admit this but sometimes I go into the Dress Barn and they actually have really cute dresses. There's a dress I bought there once and anytime I wear it I get a lot of compliments. Its low cut but I just wear one of those down east shirts under it.
I love the gratitude post. I like that idea of having it around so you can add to it. I'll have to do that sometime. Isaacs are so funny. And by the way, that was a cute story of Isaac and Ethan calling each other I and E. Thanks for sharing it.
AND don't you just love that song Flightless Bird, American Mouth?? It brings me back to that scene in the movie everytime.
Hi. I added a step in the Crispy Roll recipe. Just thought I'd let you know in case you make it again.
Dresses are over-rated. You would only wear it maybe twice a month and that's if you actually go to church. Stick to you skirts and go get some really cute tops that you can wear Sunday and every other day.
Repost, I did it for you
I had to get on and tell you that I found a dress! Funny thing is that I got it at DownEast Basics! I hadn't read all of your comments either... looks like that store is popular. I was going to post the link, but I don't see it on their website anymore. I think it's true though, you'd have to live where every other LDS girl isn't wearing them. I think Wyoming might be a good place for that! haha
I also have to second Wendy's comment... Dress barn has cute stuff too. I bought a dress there I thought was cute, but then Tom didn't like it so I took it back. But, I've seen cute stuff there.
Holly this has nothing to do with your dress problem....sounds like you have lots of solutions now, I just have to say--I was reading your Isaac comments and quotes on the side and I've got to tell you--you have some amazing material there. Ever thought about writing a book? You should! Have everyone help you come up with a title! Keep that list coming, your aunt Diane is really enjoying it! Continued blessings with the adoption process! Yea--you're almost there!
Post a Comment