Sunday, January 25, 2009

Biclops

I swear I'm not ignoring my blog or emails. My dumb computer has a virus and is going extreeeemely slow. Not just slow, I'm talking Isaac eating his veggies or me trying to decide what I'm going to order kind of slow. It's driving me insane and I just want to throw the computer out the window. So once we have that fixed, I can't wait to post about our great Christmas, birthdays, a wedding in the family, Isaac started karate and is the cutest little ninja I've ever seen, Jon just got a long-awaited bass so he can fullfill his dream of being a rock star AND he and his partner Dave just filmed their first commercial for the firm, our homestudy has been completed and within weeks we should be approved (with an online adoption profile to boot). I'm sure you can't wait for those posts...but in the meantime I'll satisfy your hunger-if there even is hunger-with another Isaac funny story. Don't expect a picture, I don't even want to think about how long that would take to upload.

So one night Isaac asks me if I know what a Cyclops is. I tell him, "Yes, it is someone with just one eye". Then I proceed to ask him if he knows what you would call someone with three eyes.
Isaac: "A triclops".
Me- trying to stump my smartie-pants kid presses on: "Well...what would you call someone with four eyes?"
Isaac: "umm...a Quadclops".
Me-amazed at his Quadclops answer pushes further to see if he would answer Biclops for someone with two eyes. So I ask him, "Well...what do you call someone with two eyes?"
Isaac: "Yeah, that's easy. A human!".

And....I was outsmarted by my five year old yet again.

7 comments:

Annette Rose said...

That is too funny! He sounds like a pretty quick witted kid. I love how they are so literal. I find my self being sarcastic with the boys, I know me sarcastic, hard to believe, huh? Anyway, it cracks me up how they just don't get it and take everything so literal.

Grandma said...

Yes- you were outsmarted! Ha ha ha ha. He is so funny! Hope to see you soon!

The Bullocks said...

I'm so glad to hear you are still alive. I've missed your updates. Isaac is way to smart it kills me.
I'm excited to hear further about all of your announcements. who is getting married? I hope all is well. we miss you.

The Bullocks said...

oh and how cool jon filmed a commercial how exciting.

Amy said...

He cracks me up. Well, you beat me to getting a new post up, but you better check mine out! I am so stinking excited I haven't been able to contain myself all week! Time for a road trip!

Anonymous said...

He seriously is too smart for a five year old! About time you posted, you have been way worse then me! You should try posting again.

Wendy said...

Woah, he is a smarty pants. How did he know triclops and quadclops??

I've missed your posts. Can't wait til your computer gets fixed so I can hear more of what going on with you.