I know I just did a tag, but I got tagged again and I thought I'd do it in honor of Valentine's Day.
How long have you been married? 7 years.
How long did you date? 1 year dating and a 4-month engagement.
Who eats more sweets? Definitely me. It takes Jon weeks to eat a batch of cookies.
Who said I love you first? I'm pretty sure he did. Honestly, I can't really remember. It seemed like just a natural thing for us to say. Even after a few months into the "I Love You's" being said, i remember we tried to figure out when it all started and couldn't pinpoint it. I do, however, remember the moment I realized I loved him.
How old is he? 33.
Who is taller? He is, but not by much.
Who is smarter? He is, but I can hold my own.
Who can sing better? He does. Think of Cameron Diaz kareoking on My Best Friend's Wedding....yeah, that's me. But it doesn't stop me from belting it out as loud as I can, right Jon?
Who does the laundry? I do, but he's pretty good at folding when i throw the clean clothes on the bed. Once in a while he'll even put my clothes away.
Who pays the bills? He does. I love it.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me. I'm the closest to the door and so I get to get up when Isaac calls for a drink of water in the middle of the night.
Who mows the lawn? We don't have one, but I think if we did I'd be so happy that I'd mow it all the time!
Who cooks dinner? Me. I may not be the best cook or meal planner, but I get the job done.
Who drives? Both of us--but I prefer him driving so I don't have to listen to him tell me how to drive.
Who is more stubborn? Depends on who you ask, but I say HIM, hands down.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me and it was one of the best kisses of my life :) He was cool and confident and sweet all at the same time.
Who asked who out? It was a blind date. I thought he was cocky and he rubbed me wrong. We didn't really see each other after that, but then five months later one night we were walking out of the gym at the same time, saw each other, and then stood and talked in the parking lot for an hour, each raced home and changed and then met back up again for a midnight snack at Sherri's Diner, and then hung out basically every day from that point forward.
Who proposed? He did. We were on our way to the Oregon Coast. We were about ten minutes away and got stuck in a lot of traffic. We were at standstill for about a half hour or so. He got bored and I guess decided now was as good as time as any to propose, right Jon? So he proposed to me in a traffic jam. I love it. It wouldn't have been a Jon-proposal any other way :) What was really sweet was he brought a little tape recorder with him and had it hidden when he asked. so our whole proposal is on tape.
Who has more siblings? He does. 5 kids on his side, 4 on mine.
Who wears the pants? The trick is to let him think he does...am I right?
Jon is the best husband and father. I got such a good guy! Last week he came home telling me about this orginization he read about called "Soles for Souls" Basically you send any usable shoes you have to this organization who sends it on to Africa because there are so many men, women, and children who don't own shoes. So less than an hour later he had this big box full of shoes to send. I was giving away old shoes that I don't really care about, but he was giving away nice basketball shoes--shoes he likes and uses once in a while, but could do without because he doesn't wear them all the time. That is Jon in a nutshell. Always looking for ways to better himself, society, the planet... He's a do-gooder and it's inspiring. Love you, baby.
Now I tag Wendy, Lori, Emily, Katie, Cindy
How long have you been married? 7 years.
How long did you date? 1 year dating and a 4-month engagement.
Who eats more sweets? Definitely me. It takes Jon weeks to eat a batch of cookies.
Who said I love you first? I'm pretty sure he did. Honestly, I can't really remember. It seemed like just a natural thing for us to say. Even after a few months into the "I Love You's" being said, i remember we tried to figure out when it all started and couldn't pinpoint it. I do, however, remember the moment I realized I loved him.
How old is he? 33.
Who is taller? He is, but not by much.
Who is smarter? He is, but I can hold my own.
Who can sing better? He does. Think of Cameron Diaz kareoking on My Best Friend's Wedding....yeah, that's me. But it doesn't stop me from belting it out as loud as I can, right Jon?
Who does the laundry? I do, but he's pretty good at folding when i throw the clean clothes on the bed. Once in a while he'll even put my clothes away.
Who pays the bills? He does. I love it.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me. I'm the closest to the door and so I get to get up when Isaac calls for a drink of water in the middle of the night.
Who mows the lawn? We don't have one, but I think if we did I'd be so happy that I'd mow it all the time!
Who cooks dinner? Me. I may not be the best cook or meal planner, but I get the job done.
Who drives? Both of us--but I prefer him driving so I don't have to listen to him tell me how to drive.
Who is more stubborn? Depends on who you ask, but I say HIM, hands down.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me and it was one of the best kisses of my life :) He was cool and confident and sweet all at the same time.
Who asked who out? It was a blind date. I thought he was cocky and he rubbed me wrong. We didn't really see each other after that, but then five months later one night we were walking out of the gym at the same time, saw each other, and then stood and talked in the parking lot for an hour, each raced home and changed and then met back up again for a midnight snack at Sherri's Diner, and then hung out basically every day from that point forward.
Who proposed? He did. We were on our way to the Oregon Coast. We were about ten minutes away and got stuck in a lot of traffic. We were at standstill for about a half hour or so. He got bored and I guess decided now was as good as time as any to propose, right Jon? So he proposed to me in a traffic jam. I love it. It wouldn't have been a Jon-proposal any other way :) What was really sweet was he brought a little tape recorder with him and had it hidden when he asked. so our whole proposal is on tape.
Who has more siblings? He does. 5 kids on his side, 4 on mine.
Who wears the pants? The trick is to let him think he does...am I right?
Jon is the best husband and father. I got such a good guy! Last week he came home telling me about this orginization he read about called "Soles for Souls" Basically you send any usable shoes you have to this organization who sends it on to Africa because there are so many men, women, and children who don't own shoes. So less than an hour later he had this big box full of shoes to send. I was giving away old shoes that I don't really care about, but he was giving away nice basketball shoes--shoes he likes and uses once in a while, but could do without because he doesn't wear them all the time. That is Jon in a nutshell. Always looking for ways to better himself, society, the planet... He's a do-gooder and it's inspiring. Love you, baby.
Now I tag Wendy, Lori, Emily, Katie, Cindy
.jpg)



6 comments:
what a sweet post! I would have a hard time parting with my shoes too!:)
Happy Valentines Day!
that is so sweet. once again he is so much like Ryan, except I don't know if Ryan could part with his 500 pairs of shoes. it was fun to hear how you met, and fell in love. I'll have to do this tag for sure. Katie
That is really sweet! He sounds like such a good guy! Someday, I'd love to see you guys and meet your cute little fam!
You are very lucky to have such a sweet husband that also happens to be very generous! He's a keeper!
awww. k-now update your blog!!! Don't be one of those...
That was cute-- things I didn't know. We love Jon too!! We think he is an awesome guy and we're so glad you married him. BUT he's super lucky too- You were a great catch. What's a mother to say=) Love, Mom
Post a Comment