Are you sick of reading all my tags? Well too bad. It's because there's nothing fun or exciting going on my life that I can take pictures and post about. However, this tag looked kind of fun to do, so thanks Raquel for tagging me.
Here are the rules: Once you've been tagged, write down 10 random and weird things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end you choose 5 people to be tagged.
____________________________
1. Live with Regis & Kelly called me once to answer their Travel Trivia question...and I wasn't home!!! Jon was awaken at 5 in the morning by the show's producer because my name had been drawn and I was out of town visiting my sister. He asked if they could just call me at another number and they said no, it had to be the number I put on the entry form. I totally missed my big chance and at the time they were giving away cars!!!
2. I tried to bring my parakeet back from the dead once. I was a little girl and had watched a movie (Hello Again) where this lady brought back her sister from the dead. So I went out to my bird's grave site and did the little chant that the lady did in the movie and then waited for my bird to arise from the dead. Yeah..it didn't work. But then my mom took me out for ice cream because she felt sorry for her weird delusional little girl .
3. When I was 1-years old, a firecracker spun out of control and landed beside me catching my diaper on fire. I had a scar on my butt/upper thigh for most of my life. It's faded now though.
4. When I was a little girl, I used to pray to grow up to be just like Sandy on Grease. Not the good Sandy, but the black leather, curly haired, lots of make-up Sandy (minus the cigarette) and I imagined myself singing and dancing around with my boyfriend just like she did. Seriously...maybe I really was weird and delusional...
5. My family had chickens and pigs and a rooster when I was younger. The rooster always chased me around the yard pecking at my legs. He didn't do this to anyone else in the family. To this day, I still keep my distance from roosters.
6. When I was 5 or 6, my dad brought home some stranded ducks because they didn't have a mom and he thought we could take care of them. I became their momma! They followed me around and I took good care of them and then I taught them to fly and they flew away.
(Yes, this is me)Side Note: I was only a farm girl until age 9 or so, then we moved to the "city" (aka: Pocatello)
7. In grade school this girl was really mean to me. My dad taught me how to punch and told me to take her down if she was bothering me (yeah, we handle our problems well). So the moment came...I clenched my fist and punched straight forward to let her have it, however, I overestimated my distance from her and my fist stopped three inches short of her. It was so embarrassing! The next week we became great friends and all was well, but note to self: If punching, make sure you are close enough to the target.
8. I was on the swim team when I was a kid and kicked butt. It's one of my regrets that I didn't continue with it.
9. America's Funniest Home Videos cracks me up every time. I try to have mature humor, but show me a clip of someone getting hurt, falling down or getting spit on by a camel and I'll laugh every time.
10. I went sky diving in the college years and it was the most amazing, exhilarating feeling you'll ever get. If I wasn't a mom, I'd do it again for sure.

Now I tag: Bonnie, Ariann, Kyle, Shantay, and Shelby



20 comments:
I totally remember you looking like that!:) I can't believe you caught on fire!!! HOLY COW! that was great reading!
I'm still laughing from the punching story! Too funny! I too love America's Funniest Home Videos and feel like such a little kid when I watch it. But it totally cracks me up. Thanks for sharing...very fun to read.
You are so funny. I always laugh when I read your blog.
Way to go on updating the blog! That was pretty funny.
P.S. You are weird and delusional
Holly great things about you I never knew. Bummer about the Regis and Kelly gig. I was a momma to ducks when I was a little girl as well. I loved it so much. The original momma duck laid some eggs in our yard and one day my dad was out and about and he noticed she had pushed 2 eggs out of her nest, so he brought them in and we put them under a heat lamp to see if they would hatch and they did. I loved being a mom to a duck. The best days of my childhood.
Stinking hilarious! Love it, thanks for sharing. It was so great so see you! Anything new on Jon's job?? I've been anxiously awaiting the news! Lisa Jordan says hi btw. Um, if Brian N. is still available...I have a few single girls that I know - if he's willing. :)
Holly, Believe it or not but I remember those things about you but I have to tell you -- the pictures of you is with GEESE- the ducks were the brown ones that followed you everywhere. Thanks for teaching them to fly- I was bummed when you did because I enjoyed having them around. Once they got in the air the neighbor down the road shoot them- it was duck hunting season. AND is that really you sky diving?? Your face looks funny! JK Love you Mom
Are you kidding me? The neighbor shot my geese??? Seriously? (ducks/geese, same thing to me)
Okay-- in all fairness- the neighbor didn't shoot the ducks and we didn't eat the rabbits you raised either. Why didn't you tell about the champion pig you raised? You champion pig raiser-you!
Mom, thanks for such a hick upbringing.
Holly. I'm so glad you found our blog. Scott and I have wondered about you guys and some other people from the pines ward. Your family is adorable and it was fun getting updated on your life through your blog. I'll keep checking it.
Your post was great--I wish I could've seen your fight. Were lots of people watching?
Hi krista! No, I don't recall anyone around with the fight. Well, it wasn't really a fight. it was just me trying to punch and her looking at me with awe and humor? Not sure, but she made sure she was my friend after that! I guess I intimidated her with my air punches :) I was in the third or fourth grade. So dumb... It was good to hear from you though!
only the best for you and the rest of the clan
That Regis and Kelly thing still kills me. You could have had a car and you threw it all away for a sleep over.j/k. anyways that was fun to read and that was a cute picture of you when you were younger.
That was really funny to read. First, I can't believe you missed the travel trivia, I wonder if you would've known the answer? And the punching story cracks me up. You know that Dr. Laura would have been proud. She's all about fighting back if you get picked on. And that's really cute that you were a duck mommma. I bet you really related to Fly Away Home - think that's what that movie is called.
I can't believe you went sky diving. That's crazy!! Your blog is so much fun to read.
That is so cute! You totally remind me of my sister, Jamie! She's obsessed with America's Funniest Home Videos! I think you two look alike too!
Alright girl - you're on. I just need to find the time for some new family photos! Ahh! You still haven't responded to my question...
I just got back from a week in Jackson-the-hole. Man, it has really changed! Miss you.
Good Job on the week past and exercise and getting energy. It's amazing how working out actually gives you energy. I'm so excited now to check out our IMAX and see if U2 3-D is at our IMAX. I would love to see it. Seriously BONO right in your face. I'm so excited!! Thanks for telling me about it.
Post a Comment