Jon had to go to an immigration conference in Vancouver, British Columbia for a couple days last week. So Isaac and I tagged along. First off, let me just say how much I LOVE Vancouver. That city is so beautiful, especially in the warm weather. You can't help but look in awe at all the beauty and then throw a mild tantrum shouting to the world, "Why can't I live here!?!"


We are on the pier off of our hotel. Our hotel was right on the water facing downtown Vancouver. Everyday this was our view. 


sorts of boutiques-clothing stores, vitamin stores, toy stores, massage parlors, etc. They had this great (free!) ball pit that Isaac loved. He played in that every chance he could get. First floor was kind of like a farmer's market. Lots and lots of fresh veggies and fruits, along with sandwich shops, restaurants, jewelry vendors, etc. Saturday we discovered that the Farmer's Market had extended to the parking lot and so we toured through that while some band played Neil Diamond music in the background. It was so much fun. 







So while the guys were in classes all day, Rebekah and I toured the area. We took a trolley throughout Stanley Park. A park that I imagine is pretty similar to Central Park in NY. We walked along the seawall and watched all the boats and planes going in all directions on the Marina, took a ride on the seabus which Isaac thought was SO cool, watched Dinosaurs 3D at the IMAX, but I have to say my favorite part was getting lost and finding ourselves on Beach Avenue. We looked over and there was this big huge sandy beach with nobody around, except a few meditators. We couldn't resist stopping the car and playing. It was so much fun to dig holes with Isaac, watch Isaac and Rebekah do cartwheels in the sand (I'm not coordinated enough), warn Isaac repeatedly that I didn't have clothes for him to change into if he got wet but to see him so wrapped up in the fun of the beach that he couldn't resist and/or care, and to see baby Sierra discover this new thing called sand and then see her get angry when it didn't taste so good. Playing at this beach was definitely one of my favorite moments.
One night after the guys came back we all went on a little hike to the lighthouse. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I tried to convince Jon to give up the lawyer gig and be a lighthouse keeper and Isaac and I could be fishermen. It might be a good backup plan for us.


Beautiful.
Then we stopped by to meet Isaac's new cousin, Noah. As if I wasn't baby hungry enough, holding Noah just completely sealed the deal. He is such a cutie.
Well Jon and Dave, thanks for a great get-away. Rebekah and I decided the next Conference should be in the DisneyWorld vicinity. (that's right Ariann, I want some DisneyWorld pics of my own:)











11 comments:
So much fun! I'm jealous and want to go on a trip to Vancouver too. :)
That looked like such a pretty place. Great pics. It's about time there are some of you and Isaac.
I agree, the pics were awesome! That's definately a trip I would love to take my family on! I'm glad you guys had fun!!
FUN!!!! Will someone PLEASE play the Lotto and win, so we can ALL get to FLORIDA????? I would, but ya know utah and their dang lotto laws!!!!
Your trip looked fun! It brought back great memories for me. Travis and I used to visit those places 10 years ago when we were newlyweds. I LOVE that you included yourself in some pics. You are so beautiful! You should include yourself more often! I agree, a conference in Florida is exactly what ya need!
Wow- Holly- that sounded like such a great trip. And the pictures are so beautiful. When we come for a visit maybe we can take a trip like that. I can't wait to see you soon. Kiss and Hug Isaac for me! Mom
Okay, so I do miss some of the beauty of the Pacific Northwest! I just can't live in it. We were really sad because we were not able to make it to Vancouver while we were in Seattle for the summer. That was the one place Jared really wanted to go. I guess we are going to have to come up for a visit! I love Whidbey Island, we went there several times while we were living in Seattle. I did notice that you had a jacket on in many of your pictures, that is the part I did not like about Seattle. It's summer you are not supposed to be wearing a jacket!
Great pictures! Makes me want to go to Vancouver and play at the beach. You guys are such a cute family.
Your trip looks like it was awesome. Now I really want to take a trip there.
That looks like you guys had a great time. And I love the pictures, they are really pretty. Tell John it was definitely worth taking the whole fam and he should do it next time as well. (=
I tell you what Holly. I love coming on your blog and reading the Issac comments on the side. They are so funny. He is so smart and creative. That is really great and I'm sure makes the future exciting considering his character.
You are great at taking beautiful pictures. You really know how to make someone feel jealous because after seeing those sceanic pictures and all the fun you had any one would want to do that.
Hope you are doing good. Looks like Issac is getting a long well especially doing the soccor. He will love sports all his life with such a supportive mother as you are.
Post a Comment