Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Life in Washington

I just wanted to post a few pictures of what we've been doing these last few weeks in our new home here in Tri-Cities, WA. (Yes, I put our location. It's too much of a pain to avoid saying it and it's so obvious anyway-right?). It's been a great couple of weeks and we're having fun discovering and exploring our new surroundings. There has also been this new energy with our family, which I'm kinda likin'! Jon comes home everday so happy and full of energy and eager to play with me and Isaac. With his last job he was more grumpy than happy and it was super annoying! :) Me...I'm waking up earlier in the mornings full of energy too and the first thing I want to do is open all the blinds in the apartment because I actually have sunlight! (my last apartment was a dark, dank hole). Isaac's transition has been great. He wants to go swimming everyday and along with that we've discovered lots of different parks, taken lots of walks, ridden bikes, and just yesterday we signed him up for soccer which he's SO excited about. Two nights ago he told Jon and I, "I'm glad we moved here". I'm glad we made this big leap too. I hope it only gets better.
Here are a couple of pictures of the big beautiful windows in our place. Just humor me okay? I don't have a house and so I have to celebrate what I do get in apartment life! Anyway, our apartment is kind of weird. You walk in the front door and you immediately have to walk up this split staircase to get up to the main floor of the apartment. I don't mind because with it I get these huge tall windows (there's another one to the left-you just can't see it in this picture)

Yeah...don't mind that this is such a dark picture. It's been very overcast these last couple of days. We have those little open archways there that I like, but I have horrible visions of Isaac peeking too far over the edge and falling down to the bottom of the stairs. It would be quite a fall. I put the plant there to deter him, but now I have visions of me walking down the stairs and that plant being knocked off and landing on my head.

Isaac playing at the playground in the complex. It's been so great to have something like this nearby. The first time I took him down to play he had his light saber with him. The Force must have alerted the other nearby Jedi's because out of nowhere came six little boys carrying light sabers and ready for a battle. Isaac was a little taken back at first, but it didn't take long for him to kick some serious Dark Side butt.
The playground in the complex and Isaac's scary face.


We've been doing a lot of this lately.We discovered this bird sanctuary thing and so yesterday I took Isaac out to feed the geese. We were completely swamped by a ton of geese/ducks/pidgeons. It was a lot of fun. I think we might have to make this a weekly thing.
Don't mind the ugly truck/garbage can background. We didn't even get a chance to walk very far from the car before a million geese waddled to us at full force. Do you see the babies? (p.s. That is not my truck)


Throwing rocks in the Columbia River. I've decided I could live anywhere if it had a river running through it, or some body of water nearby.

This little creature kept swimming up to say hello. We couldn't figure out what he was though-river otter or beaver.
The other night we had dinner with Jon's partner and his family. It was great for us all to finally meet each other. On the way home we got a little lost, but we ended up by the river and couldn't resist stopping the car and getting out to admire the lights on the bridge and the beautiful calm Columbia. Then we hung out for a bit and once again threw rocks in the river. I guess that's becoming a new family favorite. Aren't my guys so cute?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures. And your apartment looks pretty nice. I'm excited for you guys. I'm glad you're happy. Now respond to my email. When are you coming?

Anonymous said...

I miss Isaac.

AW Cake! said...

Your apartment looks great! I miss living near the Columbia - it really was a lot of fun for a Saturday afternoon. I'm glad things are going well for you there!

The Pyper Fam said...

Hi Holly! I found you on Sharlene Enloes blog! Its Taraka Pyper. It was so much fun to catch up on your little family! I know we didn't work together long, but I'm glad you're doing well! You look great and I love your new apartment!(does it get any better than the whimsical pig???) :) Anyway, just thought I'd say hi!
Taraka

Cindy said...

Great apartment. I'm glad to hear everything is going so great for you guys with the move and "leap of faith" you have taken. I really like the tri-cities. My brother use to live in Burbank, but just resently moved. I have been swimming in the Columbia many times. Love it!!! Those pictures of Isaac with all the geese around him are crazy. Where you a little nervous that the geese could freak out at any moment? I think I would have been a little nervous. Glad to hear all is going great

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

I am so glad that you guys are doing well! I think thatyour apartment looks nice. It has way more light than my dark house! I hate how dark my house is! I need sunlight to thrive! I have my fingers crossed for you and your new house!

Emily said...

I've been wondering how you guys are doing. It looks like everything is going really well and your new place looks really cute!

Unknown said...

Hey! Paul served part of his mission in your city! He says he knows exactally where your street is! How crazy is that?
Your apartment looks 100 times better than my house, so don't feel bad it;s not a house!

The Bullocks said...

Your apartment looks so cute. I love how you always go and find all the fun places and fun things that around your house. Tyson loved seeing all of the pictures of Isaac.

Kerrie said...

I love that picture of Jon and Isaac. That one's worth framing, with all your other family pictures you have.(= Your apartment looks nice, and I'm glad you feel safe and have light, however, I'm with you, that is a long ways to fall and I would constantly being worried that one of my maniacs would fall off. Luckily, you have just one maniac (for now) to worry about falling down. Speaking of that little maniac, we miss him too!!! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.

Wendy said...

I'm so glad you're loving it. You must be where you're meant to be. We miss you here though.

And are you serious about NKOTB?? You're a dork. :) And yeah, will you respond to my email too?

The Barney's said...

It was so fun to read all about the fun new things you guys are doing and I cant get over how much Issac looks just like his dad!! I would love a river close like that to go throw rocks in and hang out at. jealous of the pool too. Wendy mentioned you maybe coming to visitthe beginning of June. When and we can plan a girls nite around it if you have time. Glad you guys made such a great move. Lori

Kari said...

Wow, your place is really cute! It sounds like you are really loving being back in WA. I don't blame you, it's so much pretty there than the Boise area! I'm still undecided about the reunion. Have you heard anything more about it?? I don't really have much of an excuse, but I may think of one or too. I've actually gotten in touch with Drew Taylor, Greg Simpson, Jacob Vanvleck, etc on Facebook. It's weird being in touch with all of them after all this time. Were you ever able to get through to Holly P.?