So this morning I flipped on the Today Show as I was sipping my morning smoothie and who is performing? New Kids On the Block!! Holy cow, I felt like I was transported back in time and all that girly excitement that I felt for the group 16 years ago bubbled up inside of me. Before long my smoothie was forgotten and I was literally dancing in my seat singing "Hanging Tough" with Donnie Walberg with complete giddiness as Isaac observed me with confusion/slight annoyance. And then they went on to sing "Tonight" and I think I squealed. I was definitely wishing for my sisters because I'm sure we would have had a full on sing-along session. Music is so magical. What else in the world can transport you back to Tweenhood in a matter of seconds? Does New Kids do this for anybody else or am I all alone here?
Race With the Devil [1975]
1 year ago



11 comments:
Oh yeah, I'm totally there with you! I had a huge poster of them in my room and had to make sure I blew each of them a kiss goodnight every day...pathetic, I know. I'm sorry I missed them on TV though. :)
I loved New Kids on the Block! I just caught the end of them on the Today show. Crazy how much some of them have changed and some look the same. I could only recognize two of them!
What??? I missed NKOTB? Luke is going to be so mad. I say if they go on tour we get us girl tickets and go see them. Wouldn't that be fun?
I can't find any info about them playing in slc. If that is the case, save your $$$$$
Where are you looking?
I don't know if I could stand seeing them again, let alone pay $400 for it.
I remember when they were big and you guys came down from Pocatello to see them. At least I think you were down there to see the concert. I made joke about them and Bonnie kicked me really hard in the shin...you and Kerrie laughed pretty hard. I was like "O, O, O, O, O!" I miss the good ol' days:)
I take my NKOTB pretty seriously
YOu girls crack me up! ;)
I've got to tell you I'm bummed. I heard them say that new kids were coming up next on the today show. I had to leave and was going to tivo it, but I forgot. I wish I could have shared the magical moment!
You and Bonnie are the first people I thought of when I turned on my tv and saw the nkotb boys! You two crack me up!
Oh baby! I remember singing along to NKOTB playing on my massive walkman cassette player on my way to school. I cried for a week when they broke up.
Post a Comment