This is Isaac at the beginning of the summer--lifejacket, timid, hated getting splashed and don't even mention the idea of going underwater. No way! I knew his swimming would probably progress this year, but I had no idea the answer lay in a snorkle. It was actually Isaac's idea to get one. He saw the Backyardigans snorkeling and he told me that if he could get the "mask thing that covers your nose, and a breather", then he would like to go underwater. Couldn't hurt to try, and so we bought it.
It was an immediate transformation. He refused his life jacket and snorkled throughout the pool on the first time out with the new snorkle--even the deep end without any worries of not touching. Snorkeling looked like so much fun that pretty soon we invested in another mask and "breather"....
I'm the hottest mom at the pool.
I can't believe how much his swimming has changed this summer. Yesterday we headed down to the pool and this is how he decided to jump in. Amazing! I love those moments when he does something completely out of the ordinary. And of course I made him do it again...
And again...
So this is a shoutout for how miraculous a snorkle can be for a timid swimmer. One of my favorite moments this summer was our family heading down to the pool just as the sun was setting. No one was around and we had the whole pool to ourselves. We swam and snorkled and dived for stuff with only the pool lights and the moon lighting the way. It was so much fun. I think we called it quits sometime after ten o'clock.
Here's another cute video of him being a dolphin in case you're interested.
Oh yeah...Isaac just reminded me of the best part from yesterday. After numerous flips and some wrestling time, he climbed on my back for a piggy back ride and threw up. Yep...throw up clear down neck and back. So gross.
So this post is a little out of order. We went to Oregon for Labor Day Weekend and I'll have to post about that next time.
Race With the Devil [1975]
1 year ago



9 comments:
SICK! I'm going to throw up now. AND you are the hottest mom at the pool! Isaac is crazy and I love it! What are you going to do to keep him occupied during the winter?
That's nuts! I can't believe he's doing flips into the water. Wow, I can't believe he started out timid. Go Isaac!
I loved the videos. Good job, Isaac!!! Your Mom was a good swimmer too. She was even on the swim team. I'm so excited to see he is swimming so well. I hate water in my nose too.
We are all impressed here at the bolton house! We have already watched the videos 4 times in a row! He is one brave little dude!
This is the first year Zach and Rachel even dared to go under the water...I will hope for flips next year!:)
good job!
awesome. It's amazing how small things change little lives majorly. Kylee was the same way until she got her googles and now she swims all over. Yuck about the throw-up every mom gets to experience that a few times in life. What joy. Hopefully it wasn't the sick bug just excitement barf. Glad to see you guys can still go swimming this late in the season because all the pools up here are shut down for the season
I love how you and Isaac have so much fun together!!! You are such a good mama. I'm glad your back to the blogging world! :) That is nasty about the throw-up, but I think that any mom has a story to tell! :)(I was actually laughing just a little bit):) Oh and I loved that video of your sister, even though I don't know her, I watched it and loved it! I couldn't believe how young you look in that wedding picture of yours, holy moly! :)
Hi... so this will be totally random. My friend Sandie Jensen said you just moved to the area. I don't even know how you know her... So I checked out your blog and you do look super cool :) She didn't really give me any other info. If you want to check out our blog or something, it would be great to get to know you. Where are you living? Feel free to give me, a total stranger, I know, a call. If you want.... 438-9341 Annette
Hopefully you can look past that she is for McCain/Palin
Good job, Isaac! It is so much fun living vicariously through you.
Post a Comment