Monday, February 23, 2009

He's five!

My little boy is five! I can't believe it. Well...actually, now I can, but if I had written this post two months ago when he actually had his birthday I would have been a blubbering baby. I just had a difficult time adjusting to that idea-that he was five! Such a milestone number.
Anyway...my baby turned five on Dec. 19th. At five years old he is now reading beginner books, writing and spelling out words, asking tons of really great and important questions about everything, drawing amazing superhero pictures everyday, enjoying karate, still loves to wrestle, paints with his mommy, still loves having book bonanzas, hates going to the grocery store, hates having his hair combed, requires a back rub before falling to sleep every night, loves singing and memorizing songs, does 99% of the stuff we ask him to do, loves to do laundry, when he doesn't want to go to sleep he tells us that "there's something unusual about this night and I just can't go to sleep until I figure it out", still squeals when he hears his dad come home....and he's truly the most amazing thing in my/our life. He the BEST, I love him SO MUCH, and knowing him for the past five years has been a GIFT.
*My cousin Aubrey took that picture of him last August. Don't you love it? She is so talented.
So for Isaac's big day we had his first friend party. In the past we had always been with family because his birthday is so close to Christmas, but this year we were home and so we did the friend thing.

He got to invite five friends for being five years old, and they were all really great kids. We played lots of games, had lots of prizes, and I'm not much of a planner but I really lucked out with this one because the minute I was done with all my activities the parents started showing up for pick-up.

Isaac and I drew Rudolph for "Pin the Nose on Rudolph". I was pretty impressed with how it turned out and needed to take a picture. Also, Isaac scored so much Batman stuff from his birthday party. Four of his friends brought Batman themed toys and one brought a Power Ranger toy. He was
in Heaven! Jon and I got him a couple of books and a leapster game to play in the car for our trip home for Christmas. He also got great gifts from grandma's and grandpa's, but I must mention this Power Ranger suit he was able to buy with some birthday money his aunt Nan and uncle Andrew sent him. He thought it was the best thing. And now, thanks to Christmas and his Birthday, my kid is so set on toys for the next several years-it's ridiculous, but I guess that's what happens when your birthday is so close to Christmas.
Anyway...Happy Birthday Isaac! Love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

5 years old!! That is such a milestone. He is such a cutie. I miss him. You need to come visit soon.

Kerrie said...

I agree, you need to come visit!!! So what is a book bonanza? He is one in a million and it still cracks me up the things he says.

Kari said...

I can't believe he's already 5! We're getting so old! I'm with you on that, I'm really not looking forward to my kids turning 5. It sortof puts a knot in my heart just thinking about it!