Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Jon's B-Day

It was Jon's birthday last Tuesday-nevermind the fact that it was Isaac and my birthday in December that I haven't posted about yet. I'll get to them eventually. Anyway, in an attempt to be semi-current on my blog, I announce a big belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jon. His day was a low-key event as it usually is (his preference), but the best part was he got a bass guitar for the big day. Let me just say how much Jon deserves this bass. He has/had played the bass for years, but eight years ago right after we got married we were living in Salt Lake and got a job opportunity in Mount Vernon, Wa. To get there without accruing debt we sold off anything of value we had--our newly aquired washer and dryer, our portable gigantic air conditioner, and Jon's bass and amplifier. Of course the plan was to buy another bass immediately, but that just never happened. I've pushed him so many times over the years to get another bass, but Jon's one that never, never gets anything for himself unless all debt has been paid off and any other need is taken care of. Well now...finally, eight years later his former bandmates and I were finally able to convince him that now is the time to buy a bass, even though yes, we still do have debt. He totally deserves this and I'm happy that he got a nice one that he really wanted. So now Jon gets to have some old-school jam sessions with his old band mates that luckily live in Portland, just a few hours from us. I'm excited for them. As high school kids, they spent all their free time in Jon's parent's garage learning their instruments and creating songs, which eventually led to gigs and newspaper coverage. I think that's awesome-it kept them busy and out of trouble. Anyway, so now I'm glad he's making time for that creative outlet again. He won't be doing the gig thing, but at least he's playing and creating. Happy Birthday Jon!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy belated b-day Jon!!

Andrew said...

Where did the front page go?

Nude Jon!

Amy said...

Happy birthday Jon! I am glad that he finally got the bass. Jared bought himself a new beautiful guitar for Christmas, but then felt terrible for spending so much money on himself he took it back. Jared would love to jam with you now!