...I lose myself in these big, beautiful chocolaty eyes, but BEWARE, this little one has some serious power behind those eyes because pretty soon I find myself nuzzling her sweet smelling hair-inhaling deeply as I let it brush across my cheeks, then nose, then mouth...slowly...back and forth, back and forth, as if I'm in a trance. When I come to many, many minutes later, I once again feel her power at work as I spend an inordinate amount of time cooing to her, talking, exerting all the energy I have just to see a smile or have her talk back, and then once THAT happens...oh boy, then I absolutely have to pick her up and let her face nuzzle in my neck as I rock her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, stealing kisses on those sweet chubby cheeks....
Then out of nowhere, my watch alarm buzzes me back to reality and I realize that it's time to pick up Isaac from school and my little Princess of Power has enraptured me for the whole afternoon yet again. THIS, mom, is why I haven't blogged in a while. THIS is why my house is looking messier than usual these days. THIS is why sometimes my phone rings and I just don't answer it. THIS is why my To-Do list keeps getting longer and longer, but seriously...how could I want to do anything other than THIS?
Yep, she definitely has me under a spell.
Race With the Devil [1975]
1 year ago



7 comments:
YEAH!!! Thank you for posting a picture of her. Just today, I was thinking I hadn't seen a picture of her in a while and was getting withdrawals. Love her beautiful eyes.
I love this picture of Amaya Jane. She does have beautiful eyes. I don't blame you for spending your time loving this princess- you've waited a long time for her.
Wow, so it's been a while since I've been in the blogging world. Just now getting caught up. So see is just GORGEOUS! I love, love, love the pictures that you have taken of her. She is just beautiful. And isn't that the way it's supposed to be with a new babe? You just can't bring yourself to stop snuggling with them. You can't get these years back, so cuddle away. And the throw-up on your face...priceless! Really wish there was a picture of that! laughing...seriously laughing
Oh I love that picture. She does have huge pretty brown eyes. What else would you be doing with your time anyway?-So worth it, just to sit and cuddle because they get big too fast.
Enjoy it why you can! They grow up way to fast. Grandpa Peterson always told me that we have them to hold and spoil. So soak it all up. We all think she is so cute!
She is such a good snuggler, I totally don't blame you. I miss her!
What a sweet post! What a little miracle that sweet Amaya is! Hope you are all doing great!
Post a Comment