Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Adoption.

Today we officially began the adoption process. We finally met our case worker and had our initial interview. We still have a million things to do before we get approved, but I don't care, I'm so excited! This is definitely a big day and a big step for us. It's crazy to think how far I've come in the last year and a half. Being told I couldn't have any more children completely blew me out of the water. I deeply mourned my loss and at times questioned how in the world I would ever feel happy again. The thought of adoption seemed so distant to me as I was in too much emotional pain at the time. Fast-forward 16 months and here I am, completely happy and ecstatic to start this adoption journey and to finally meet the next member of our family. I'm a true believer in time and prayer and the healing effect that can have on a person. I can't tell you how excited I am to begin this process! This is going to be an incredible journey for our family and I'm so excited to see the final result. So I guess right now I'm shamelessly trying to get the word out to whoever will listen. Please remember us and our situation. You never know who you might come across.. You might be at work or the grocery store or at the bank and hear talk of someone thinking of placing their baby and that's when you speak up and say, "I know an amazing family! Let me tell you all about them." (Yep, that would be us I'm talking about)

I might sound a little desperate right now, but whatever...I just know that with adoption cases, sometimes it's the person you least expect that somehow connects you to your baby. So keep us in mind, and if we aren't a good fit, I know about four other amazing couples that are in the same boat as us that I would be thrilled to connect you to :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Holly. Let me know how you are feeling through this. We put in a good word for you! p.s. this is Amy not Jared.

Fosters said...

Good luck!! Just wanted to let you know that we are totally thinking about you! Keep us posted through the whole process, K? It's easy to see that you're a fun, loving mom. Someone would be lucky to have you guys for family!!

Grandma said...

Holly- I will be asking everyone I can think of if they know of a girl who may be placing her baby for adoption. I know it is going to take everyone helping and asking for you to find your baby. Good idea to ask for help. Your friends will watch for you too. That's what friends do. If we are all on the look out- your baby will show up sooner than later. You and Jon are amazing parents.

Wendy said...

Yay! I'm excited for you guys. It feels so good to get closer and closer with each step. Keep chuggin along. Its funny how my adoption antennaes get on high alert as soon as I hear about an unwed mother. I'll keep my antennaes on alert for you guys too.

Unknown said...

I was thinking about you and your adoption process lastnight! I will keep my eyes and ears open EVERYWHERE!!!!! We LOVE YOU!
Oh! Yes, of course I will be at the reunion! I am so excited to "meet" you!:)

Janelle said...

Good luck on your new journey! You should check out my friend Amanda's blog www.mandamike.com They adopted a little girl a bit over 2 years ago, and are waiting to adopt #2. I think she might have a lot of words of support for you, if you ever needed it! :)

Sharlene Enloe said...

It is so awesome that you are going to adopt. I'll keep my ears open. You are such a good mom! Deannes email is deanneburch@msn.com

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

I am soo happy for you! You are so awesome that I know you will be picked very soon! Your new little boy or girl will be one lucky and blessed child! I will keep you in our prayers! I know that God has some pretty amazing blessings in store for you guys!

Sherri Harward said...

It is so true that we are so blessed and that our sincere prayers are answered. I am so glad that things are looking up for you and your family. Things seem like they are great there in Washington. If I hear of anything I will let you know. Good luck

The Pyper Fam said...

Holly, I had no idea about your situation! But that is amazing news that the process has started! However your baby comes, it will be yours and it will be one lucky little baby, because you are a great mom! I love reading your stories! :) Anyway, I will for sure keep my eyes (and ears) out for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait for a little baby to join the fam! It's funny how when you think of adoption it feels like a long drawn out process but when you guys were finally ready to adopt I felt like it was a relief! I bet you get a kid faster than you think.-You could always just steal one.

The Bullocks said...

I'm so happy for you guys and so proud. I think you guys are such great people and amazing parents. I will totally keep my eye's and ears open. and we will keep you guys in our prayers. good luck. I'll give you a call this week. Katie

Dahl Family said...

I am so happy for you guys. We are still in the process of updating our home study.

Dahl Family said...

I am so happy for you guys. We are still in the process of updating our home study.