This week I'm in Idaho housesitting/babysitting for my sister Bonnie and her husband. I'm watching the cutest little girl ever. I just love Lily so much.
BUT..this story isn't about Lily. It's about their obnoxious dog, Tido. Last night Isaac said, "Mom, what is that white thing on Tido's bum?" I looked and there was this little white thing right on his bum-hole. I thought maybe it was just a little stick or something and I tried to use his tail to brush it away, but it didn't budge. Curiosity took hold and I tentatively grabbed it with as little of my fingernails as I possibly could and tried to pull it off. I pulled and it comes out a little....then a little more...then a little more...then a lot more...until finally out comes this freaking long piece of string that dangled from my fingers clear down to my elbow. EEEEWWW!!!! It wasn't just a measly piece of string either, it was a piece of that thick, white, heavy-duty work string that people keep in their garage. Do you know what I'm talking about? The width of that string was probably half my thumb nail and it was about a foot long, and let me mention that Tido HIMSELF is only about a foot long, but he ATE it!! AND I PULLED IT OUT OF HIS BUTT! I can't believe I did that. I'm SO grossed out. It grossed me out so much that I keep reliving it in my mind, and I also keep seeing Isaac and Lily's wide eyes staring at Tido's butt as this string just kept coming...and coming...and coming. Poor Tido...the minute that string exited, he raced off and hid in his kennel for next hour. I can understand. If a string that long came out of my butt, I'd be embarrassed too. 
Race With the Devil [1975]
1 year ago



11 comments:
Bonnie does have an weird dog and this proves it. Some people might think this is gross but I, on the other hand, think it is funny and Bonnie should think that you saved Tido's life!! Holly - you are the best. I mean- really- how many of us can say we have pulled string out of a dogs butt- I can't and now you can- you sure upped us all on that one.=)
Hahaha-good point mom! Next time I do a "10 things you don't know about me" tag, I suppose I'll have something new to add to the list.
Seriously...I'm still laughing!! That is hilarious AND disgusting! You are one brave chick! That poor dog.
Ok, I was dying reading that story! You are a brave woman! I probably would have just let it go and like pretended I didn't see it until the owners got back! :)I love your stories! And I love that clothes pin idea--so cute, I'm totally going to steal it! :)
I totally thought you were going to say that it was a tape worm or something! I was relieved that it was just string... but that is still really gross!
That is so why I don't like animals. They do such gross stuff that my stomach can't tolerate! I hopefully will start laughing soon at your story but right now I am feeling a little queasy! What a great sis you are!
Poor Tido. Poor Holly! I'm sure that the kids aren't scarred for life. Good story - thanks!
That was like seeing a really bad car accident that you don't want to see, but you have to look. I had to keep reading it to see what happened, even though it was disgusting from the start. Painfully funny!
Oh my gosh that is so gross! I can't believe you pulled it out. I bet he felt a lot better after that. By the way, I always imagined Tido spelled like Tito. When I see Tido I pronounce it "tide-o" in my head. Just a sidenote.
That was hilarious!! I love it!! But so gross at the same time!!!
EEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! I'm SO glad you were there for that and not me!! I owe ya...
Post a Comment