So Happy Father's Day Randy and Dad! Bonnie posted an awesome Father's Day post and now I'm copying her, but my post will be cooler.
Randy- 
1. I love our talks...when no one is around and we just talk about whatever.
2. I like that you always think for a moment or two about a question before you answer.
3. I like that when you're telling a story and you get a minor detail wrong-a detail no one would even know the difference or care, but you always have to stop and correct yourself. How do you cope with five girls that are major story embellishers?
4. Thanks for all the father's blessings and being there when I got married.
5. I love that when you and mom got married, you brought fairness, balance, and calmness to the family. You also introduced us to peanut m&m's and pop for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
6. I think it's cute that when you get interested in something, you go all out. Examples? You mention you're going to start running and next thing I know you've dropped 40 pounds and running six miles a day. You wanted to learn how to scuba dive and before long you were certified and bought yourself a license plate cover that said "scuba diver". You rediscovered your old favorite drink TAB and now when we visit home we see cases and cases of the stuff in the garage. I could go on...
7. You're the only person I know that freely gives foot rubs and pops other people's toes.
8. Thanks for taking me for rides in your cop car when I was younger, and a big thanks for always being able to get out of speeding tickets because I was "Randy's daughter".
9. You are so knowledgeable about a million different subjects.
10. Remember when we used to correct people's grammar behind their backs? That was fun.

1. I love our talks...when no one is around and we just talk about whatever.
2. I like that you always think for a moment or two about a question before you answer.
3. I like that when you're telling a story and you get a minor detail wrong-a detail no one would even know the difference or care, but you always have to stop and correct yourself. How do you cope with five girls that are major story embellishers?
4. Thanks for all the father's blessings and being there when I got married.
5. I love that when you and mom got married, you brought fairness, balance, and calmness to the family. You also introduced us to peanut m&m's and pop for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
6. I think it's cute that when you get interested in something, you go all out. Examples? You mention you're going to start running and next thing I know you've dropped 40 pounds and running six miles a day. You wanted to learn how to scuba dive and before long you were certified and bought yourself a license plate cover that said "scuba diver". You rediscovered your old favorite drink TAB and now when we visit home we see cases and cases of the stuff in the garage. I could go on...
7. You're the only person I know that freely gives foot rubs and pops other people's toes.
8. Thanks for taking me for rides in your cop car when I was younger, and a big thanks for always being able to get out of speeding tickets because I was "Randy's daughter".
9. You are so knowledgeable about a million different subjects.
10. Remember when we used to correct people's grammar behind their backs? That was fun.
11. I love that we never had step-dad/step-daughter issues. I have always thought you were an exceptional person and there's a million things I admire about you. I know that I could go to you for anything and you would be there to help. Happy Father's Day Randy! I Love you!
_______________________
DAD-
_______________________
DAD-

1. First off let me say thanks for loving me through the most awkward stage a girl could go through. Look at me! Holy cow...thank goodness that ugly stage didn't last too long. By the way, I think we need to work on getting some pictures of us together. This is about all I have!
2. Thanks for taking me fishing when I was younger and teaching me how to love and respect nature.
3. Bonnie's right, you're not judgemental at all and I love that too.
3. Bonnie's right, you're not judgemental at all and I love that too.
4. I love that you taught me how to drive a stick shift when I was about 14 years old and would always take me out driving.
5. I can't hear "Twist and Shout" without thinking of you.
6. I love that you taught me how to play baseball and helped me believe I was good at it.
7. Thanks for teaching me how to throw a punch.
8. Thanks for always laughing at my dumb jokes. (And Bonnie's right, you do have a Tom Cruise laugh)
9. Thanks for taking me on a roadtrip with you to California when I was in the fourth grade. Just you and me on the open road and you were willing to listen to my music. Good times!
9. Thanks for taking me on a roadtrip with you to California when I was in the fourth grade. Just you and me on the open road and you were willing to listen to my music. Good times!
10. I love that when I moved off on my own to S.L, you would drive up just to go to lunch with me.
11. I think it's funny you have such a passion for science and geology and all that stuff, and somehow you did not pass that interest onto any of your girls. Such a shame...
11. I think it's funny you have such a passion for science and geology and all that stuff, and somehow you did not pass that interest onto any of your girls. Such a shame...
12. I love that you call me "kiddo". I also love that I know that I could go to you for anything and you would be there. Happy Father's Day Dad! Love you!
____________________
And finally, I must give a little shout-out to Jon.
Jon-I had no idea when I married you that you would be the most amazing dad. I got way more than I bargained for. You and Isaac have a bond that is really indescribable. My favorite thing about you is how in-the-moment you are with Isaac. I know there are a million things that are on your to-do list, but you always put Isaac first. When it's wrestle time, it's full on wrestle mania for over an hour. I love that you get down and play trains with him or cars, but it's not just for a few minutes, you will really get into the moment and enjoy the experience. I love that you give him a backrub every night and so many times I peek in and find both my guys snuggled up and asleep in that little twin bed. I love that when you both come back from spending the afternoon together or even something as simple as going to the grocery store together, Isaac is all smiles and races up to tell me all the things you did and discovered together. I love that if you're on the way from the house to the car and Isaac discovers an ant pile, instead of glossing over what he saw and rushing him, you will go over and observe with as much interest as him, and you always look for opportunities to teach. I feel like I could go on and on... I feel so blessed that you and Isaac have the closeness you have. You can see it in his eyes how much he looks up to you and idolizes you. I hope you have a great Father's Day. Love you!



8 comments:
Ditto everything you said. Of course you had to one-up me. I kept thinking "oh, I should have put that!" Nice job, I loved it.
I can't believe you put that pic up of yourself!!!! Haha, and who said your awkwardness was just a stage??
OUR DADS ARE THE SAME! Wouldn't you have loved to see them interact with each other as kids! I bet they beat each other up. Oh to have been a fly on that wall!
Jon is a super Dad. I admire all those things about Jon as well. In fact- Randy and I have said on several occasions that we are so thankful you girls married great guys.
That was a nice post. Did they respond back to you? Way to one-up Bonnie. (=
They are alike!:) Why is it i love to read random facts about other people???? Kinda strange, but I love knowing them better - especially your dad! That picture is a keeper for sure!
Okay so I copied your idea and did a father's day tribute as well. I just think it's so sweet! I wish you all the best with adoption too, you guys are a great family and any kid would be lucky to be apart of it.
I LOVE your posts!
Post a Comment