Saturday, August 23, 2008

Doing the Fair...the Holly & Isaac way

Step 1: Mid morning, still in PJ's, see a commercial for the Fair.

Step 2: Rush to get dressed and head out for the fair. Jon says I'm every sales person's dream because if they tell me I should buy something, I buy it. I have NO idea what he's talking about.
Step 3: Grumble to myself when I realize the fair people charge you for parking.
Step 4: Regret not bringing a friend to split parking fee.
Step 5: Make note to self to make some friends before next year's fair.
Step 6: Admire the carnival rides with Isaac.
Step 7: Listen to him beg and plead to ride some.
Step 8: Justify paying too much for ride tickets because it's "Mommy & Isaac time"
Step 9: Realize I use this justification way too much. Everyday is Mommy & Isaac time.
Step 10: Walk around to see what rides Isaac is tall enough to ride.
Step 11: Make note that very few rides he is tall enough to ride. Poor kid.
Step 12: Ride what we can and have a good time.

Step 13: Use up all our ride tokens and then walk a little ways to find a whole 'nother mini carnival geared toward kids Isaac's size. ...Figures.
Step 14: Stumble upon a cow milking contest and join in, along with trying our hand at roping some fake cows. Now that's crazy fun.

Step 15: Check out all the livestock.
Step 16: Notice that an unusually high number of animals go by the names of Bella, Edward, Jacob, and Twilight.
Step 17: Chuckle to myself when Isaac insists on leaving a comment in the comment box. "Thanks for letting me pet your sheep". So sweet.
Step 18: Decide to split an Elephant Ear and a snow cone.
Step 19: Pig out on Elephant Ear and snow cone.
Step 20: Wonder why I chose to waste so many calories on bread covered in sugar and cinnamon.
Step 21: Walk around a little more and then exit the fair.
Step 22: Tour the parking lot for 20 minutes looking for our car.
Step 23: Vow to myself for the millionth time that I will start paying attention to where I park.
Step 24: Enjoy a silent drive home while my little guy crashes.
I Love Isaac and Mommy Time.

14 comments:

Jennie B. said...

Too cute! I love little Isaac and I don't even know the guy! :)

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

What an awesome day. I am glad that you get to spend quality time with your little guy. You are making memories that will last a lifetime!

Jennie said...

I just love reading your blog! It always makes me laugh--especially the "pig out on elephant ear" part. I would TOTALLY do that!

Wendy said...

I love the self portraits. Good for you for taking Isaac. Looks like you guys had fun.

We're not going this year cause, well, fairs are just sooooo over priced not to mention the hot summer days and crazy crowds. If you can get past that, they can be kinda fun.

Anonymous said...

That looks fun, too bad I wasn't there for that. I bet Isaac loved that. I can't wait to start feeling better so Lily won't be so neglected.

Grandma said...

Sounds like fun. I love that you do exciting things with your son. You are always teaching him something and helping learn and do new things. You are a great mother.

Janelle said...

I LOVE the scared pic of you! HAHA! Awesome! Looks like you guys had fun! And dont worry - Im sure you worked off all the calories from the elephant ear by running around the fair all day. :) Wait, why are YOU counting calories?! Crazy girl.

AW Cake! said...

So much fun! Glad you got to go and spend special time with Isaac. :)

Ashlee Raubach said...

How fun! You are such a fun mom! I have been the worst blogger this summer, it's nice to see that you guys are having a great summer!

Cindy said...

Looks like the last few weeks have been tons of fun for you guys. The fair, camping, and everything that goes along with both. I can't believe the fair actually charges for parking. What a joke!! They charge for everything else at least give the parking for free. Camping looks like a blast. I love camping family traditions. I think I look forward to our family camping trip each year more then Christmas these days.

Unknown said...

I love the fair! It's one of the few things that hasn't changed since I was a kid. Good job for just going out and doing it. You've got me craving funnel cake now.

Kari said...

ha,hahahahaha! ahhhh, hahahahahah! That is too funny and fun. Loved it. Especially the Twilight livestock. Great blog.

Kerrie said...

Isaac is the happiest little boy I know, now we know why. He gets MOMMY AND ME TIME ALL THE TIME, what more could a little guy want!!! Unless, she plays star wars with him (= What a fun day.

Racquel said...

Way to go! At least you actually get out and do stuff. I see stuff like that and think "hmm, I should go" but then I never do... just lazy I guess. I love those pics of the two of you. So cute! Isaac is such an adorable kid.

That cracks me up that those animals were named after twilight characters. too funny. :)