Jon just kills me. Have you ever known anyone that can make a wish and it comes true the next day? Well let me introduce you to Jon. I swear he has his own secret Genie.
A couple of weeks ago he was telling me and his sister he wouldn't mind teaching someday. Wham-Bam, literally the next day he calls the local college inquiring about a legal secretary he needs to hire. They find out he's an immigration attorney and get really excited because they've been looking for someone to teach the immigration classes for the legal secretary courses. Today he stopped by and picked up his manual and will be teaching winter quarter in his spare time. In the meantime I'm sitting here with my mouth hung open. Seriously...literally the next day after telling us about his "desire to teach", the Heavens opened up and dropped this opportunity on his lap. This isn't the first time this has happened. The Firm itself kind of happened in the same way, along with many other examples I've witnessed over the years. Opportunities are constantly falling on his lap. How does this happen? The boy doesn't even have to pray for it. He'll just mention it and...ta-da! Crazy. Now he just needs to harness this power and apply it toward lots of money and a baby! Anyway, congrats to "Professor Jon" for this great opportunity. I'm just a little bit jealous of ya :)
Race With the Devil [1975]
1 year ago



10 comments:
I'm jealous too. For me it's the opposite. I don't like to tell people my plans until it's a done deal. Otherwise, it doesn't happen. That's exciting for Jon. Congrats Mr. Shaklee!
Wow that is a cool gift to be able to have. At least you are married to a guy like that. He must have a pretty good testimony of that. Good for him. Keep praying for that baby and ask him to start saying it out loud more and maybe it will happen.
How are things going for Issac in soccer? Has he gotten really good at it? I bet that he is the best on his team. He is good at everything he does.
Hope you guys are doing well.
Congrats professor Jon. He needs to pass some of that genie power to you. We dib the king bed at moms-Jon doesn't have that kind of power.
Congrats to Jon. I wish Jared could pick something like that up right now. Tell Jon to say that he would sure like Jared to get a good temp job for the next couple of months before he starts working at the court. Maybe he could help us out.
Isaac's comment about moving soon sounds about like something he said to Sammi when she said that she loved him. He is a little contrarist.
that is awesome - I wish we had some of that SUPER POWER!:)
I am getting so excited to see you guys! Wear something cute - I'll have my camera..wink, wink!:)
I know - if only he could use his power with having a baby.
That is really cool about him being able to teach. What a neat opportunity.
Are you guys going to Pocatello soon? If so stop by so we can see you!
Wow, congrats Jon! That is awesome! I wish I had that kind of talent, just to make things happen b/c I could will it to be!
Loved that you two got a trip together. Aren't those the best weekends ever!? We only get them once a year and I just soak it up moment by moment.
wow-good for jon. holly- ask for what you want and expect it and it will come, don't doubt, use your faith. you can have a genie too. remember the secret=)
congrats Jon, good for you. that is so exciting.
I want you to do the memory post so I can write our funny memories.(I'll tell you any way) my favorite memories are definitely running and working out with you. I loved all of our talking and playing name that tune (when one of our i-pods weren't working) and I loved swimming, and trying to race to get eachother to go faster. and I loved that we would try and find the best things that Spokane had to offer, the fun lakes, and downtown, and the pet store, we were always doing so many fun things. this totally makes me miss you guys again.
Tell Jon to say he really wants to move to Utah (sadly I know that will never happen)
oh I honestly have so many good memories also. remember all of our parties, Halloween (when me and Amy were the only ones who dressed up) and Easter, and super bowl. what good times.
Did you watch the hills last night? aaawww snap....
Post a Comment