Jon and I took off on a weekend trip to the Seattle area, just the two of us. It was awesome. We hiked, camped, went to a Mariner game, read a book together, and just remembered what it was like to communicate without being interrupted by our little monkey. It was a much needed trip. Loved it!






This hike is from the Olympic Peninsula. I have never been on a hike this beautiful before. The pictures don't even do it justice. So since it's just us on this trip, there are not many pictures of us together but we tried with this one. Yes, I realize my sunglasses look funny. I need some new ones.

The deer were so tame in this area. I couldn't believe how close we could get to this guy without him even caring. He seemed aware of us, but not alarmed. As we were taking this picture, a female deer and a baby came onto the path directly behind us and started feeding, essentially boxing us in. That's when we got a little nervous, especially when the mom was making some weird clicking noise in her throat. We didn't know if it was some deer warning noise or not, so we slowly worked our way out and around them. Anybody speak deer? Still kind of wondering what the clicking noise meant. She didn't seem threatening when she was making it.

One last pic from this hike. So Beautiful! I love the outdoors. I love hiking. I love trees! Sure the ocean is gorgeous, but you put me in the forest and it does something to me. I'm glad I married a guy that feels the same way.
This is us on the biggest spruce tree in the world. Such a tourist picture.




We happened to drive by a sign pointing to the beach and so we decided to take a detour. This particular beach didn't have many seashells, but a ton of sand dollars. The problem with sand dollars is it's easy to find half of a sand dollar, but nearly impossible to find a perfect one still intact. However, we tried and became hooked on the hunt. We combed the beach for quite a ways. What was supposed to be a 30-minute pitstop turned into a 2-hour sand dollar hunt. In the end, we did find a near-perfect one with only a small chip in it (and Isaac better take good care of it, dang it!). It was funny though because we had wandered so far down the beach and the tide was getting higher. About the time we found our near-perfect sand dollar we realized our shoes were not very high up on the beach and may have already made contact with the water. So with our hands and our pockets full of half sand dollars and cool rocks, we had to sprint back to our shoes to save them from the rising tide. I'm sure we looked like quite the sight. It was funny.




Then we did a hike through the Hoh Rain Forest, once again on the Olympic Peninsula. It was really pretty too, but we didn't get to hike for too long before we had to get on the road and head for home.

Oh yeah, somewhere in the mix here we went to a Mariner game- something we always love to do. We had great seats. Too bad the Mariners played like crap.
We happened to drive by a sign pointing to the beach and so we decided to take a detour. This particular beach didn't have many seashells, but a ton of sand dollars. The problem with sand dollars is it's easy to find half of a sand dollar, but nearly impossible to find a perfect one still intact. However, we tried and became hooked on the hunt. We combed the beach for quite a ways. What was supposed to be a 30-minute pitstop turned into a 2-hour sand dollar hunt. In the end, we did find a near-perfect one with only a small chip in it (and Isaac better take good care of it, dang it!). It was funny though because we had wandered so far down the beach and the tide was getting higher. About the time we found our near-perfect sand dollar we realized our shoes were not very high up on the beach and may have already made contact with the water. So with our hands and our pockets full of half sand dollars and cool rocks, we had to sprint back to our shoes to save them from the rising tide. I'm sure we looked like quite the sight. It was funny.
Then we did a hike through the Hoh Rain Forest, once again on the Olympic Peninsula. It was really pretty too, but we didn't get to hike for too long before we had to get on the road and head for home.
Oh yeah, somewhere in the mix here we went to a Mariner game- something we always love to do. We had great seats. Too bad the Mariners played like crap.



8 comments:
What a fun trip! How great to have time with just you and Jon - I'm sure with the move you definately need that!
I've always wanted to go to the rain forest on the peninsula - looks beautiful!
Jared was sad that we did not make it to the rain forest while we were there. It looks beautiful. But mostly you are so lucky you were able to get away on a trip alone! I am very jealous.
How fun! I feel the same way about the forest and the mountains and lakes and such! Looks so beautiful! You two are a great couple. I can just tell.
why oh why did we not hang out more when you lived in Spokane? :) Your little get-away looked beautiful and sounded perfect! I love being outside and enjoying the mountains and nature! I loved a post of yours a while back when you were so excited about that little trail right outside your apartment, that is SO something that I would be way excited about too!:)
looks like tons of fun. I love getting away with Jeremy with kids in tow. It makes you feel like your dating again or something. I'm jealous. The outdoors is the best place to be I agree. There is something about being in the woods and the smells that just makes you feel alive.
That vacation sounds wonderful. I'd love to do that- maybe we can do that together sometime. Who had Isaac? I love the pictures. Good for you guys. I guess I will be seeing you soon- right?
That must have been nice to spend the day in nature and not have to follow a schedule. I don't know the last time I planned to do something that would take 1/2 hour and end up being there for 2 hours. With kids around, you can't do that as easily, and at home, you have to follow somewhat of a schedule... lunch, dinner, time to cook it, etc. Glad you had a good time!
What a great trip! I still can't believe that we were there at the same time! I could just kick myself for not mentioning that we were headed there!
Post a Comment