Friday, September 18, 2009

Amaya's first tooth

Yep, you heard me right. Amaya has officially cut her first tooth..actually her first TWO teeth. We knew it was coming. She was actually born with her two bottom teeth nearly erupting through her gums and so we knew it was just a matter of time.
So here's for posterity's sake: On Monday Sept. 14th (2 weeks and 4 days old) we officially noticed that Little Miss Amaya Jane had two bright shiny white teeth break through the surface on her bottom gum and I'm seeing them getting a bit bigger everyday. Can we all give a moment of thanks at this time that I am not nursing? ...Thank you. Did I have a fussy, drooly, chomping baby? No..she's perfect and content at all times unless she needs snuggles, which she has set aside a good portion of her day for and Momma's happy to oblige. Good job Amaya, you little over achiever, you.

Too bad on the picture...maybe later. The only way I could take one was if she was screaming with her mouth wide open and when that happens, she has three people swooping in to soothe her every ache and need and so taking a picture is not a priority. (No, she is not spoiled at all)

However, I must share these PRECIOUS pictures my cousin Aubrey took (she lives in Murray, has awesome rates, and is sooooo talented-she's on my link list). Feel free to saw "Awww" after every picture. That's what I do.


8 comments:

Johanna said...

Those are really great pictures. Makes us wish we'd had some newborn pictures taken of Simon.

Grandma said...

I just love the pictures. Now how do I go about getting a 5 x 7 of the family photo and one of you and Amaya? I love that you called her an "over achiever"- that's cute! This little girl is really doing some outstanding things as if we haven't already given her our hearts. Thanks for the update. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

SUPER cute pictures. I definitely did some awwwing. I just wish I could tuck your hair over your shoulder!
You are so lucky she already has her teeth. I'm dealing with that right now and It is NOT fun.

I love love the pictures. They really turned out good. Of course.

The Pyper Fam said...

Those are SO SO SO cute!!! I love the ones of just you and her! And the ones of her and Isaac and the ones of just her and the ones of all of you guys! Ok, I guess that's all of them!!! :) Those are great pictures! That is one lucky little girl!

Unknown said...

My heart just ached looking at all those pictures! What a sweet family! BTW...I love Issac's comment you put on the side. *snicker*

The Bullocks said...

she is so precious. I love so many of those pictures. I couldn't even pick a favorite. they are so sweet. What a little sweetheart.

Annette Rose said...

What great pictures! 2 teeth though? REALLY? That is crazy!

It was fun to see you at volleyball, you should keep coming.

Jen Childers said...

Wow! Beautiful pictures, Holly! She really is a beauty.