Friday, January 18, 2008

100 Things I'm Thankful For

I got this idea off my friend Katie's blog and I thought it was a great idea. Not that I think everyone is interested in what I'm thankful for, but I don't care, this is more of a self-reflection moment for me. So I guess it's time to count my blessings! (these are in no particular order)

1. My husband. I'm grateful for how confident and strong and ambitious he is.
2. He's a good daddy too (Is that cheating to count it as #2? 100 things is a lot! )-I love how he gets down and wrestles (or "scraps" is what we call it) with Isaac for literally hours and then doesn't hesitate to rub his back and face for a half hour at bedtime. He's a very devoted dad.
3. Of course Isaac. He makes me laugh everyday and is simply an amazing kid.
4. My mom. She's turned from my enemy during my high school years to one of my best friends. Maybe it's because of maturity? I don't know...but I'm grateful she grew up (haha j/k mom)
5. The experience of giving birth.
6. The experience of being pregnant.
7. The adoption process. Haven't begun it yet, but I'm very grateful for hero birth moms who give infertile-myrtle's a chance.
8. Prayer. So grateful I can talk with my Heavenly Father when times are tough.
9. My sisters. They rock, I love 'em.
10. Marionberry pie and Tillomook vanilla bean icecream (best dessert ever!)
11. Running. it's a love/hate relationship for me, but I'm grateful I have it as an outlet and have overcome my fear of it :)
12. Swimming. One of my favorite things to do-especially swimming laps and letting my mind get lost.
13. Sledding. Best winter activity-I love it!
14. Spring. My favorite time of the year.
15. Sunflowers. they make the world prettier.
16. My mother-in-law. she's always pointing out all the small things that make the world prettier.
17. New socks. can't beat a pair of brand-new socks.
18. Good books.
19. Cars and airplanes so I can travel.
20. The perfect pair of jeans. (Haven't found them yet, but I'm still looking and I'll be thankful when I find them)
21. Girlfriends. I love good food, good talk, and good friends.
22. Ross. I love going to Ross.
23. Good music.
24. Jon doing the dishes.
25. Clean house.
26. I'm thankful if I haven't gained any weight, or better yet, if I've lost a couple of pounds.
27. Pepsi. I'm trying to not drink the stuff, but I'm grateful for a good Pepsi once in a while.
28. The Oregon Coast.
29. Good bargains.
30. New clothes.
31. Getting my hair done (Thanks Bonnie!)
32. Movie night with my family.
33. Not having to go to WalMart.
34. Costco.
35. Vacations
36. Getting a good tan (this happens rarely for me).
37. Being really exhausted and having the option of being able to go to sleep.
38. Date night with Jon.
39. No lines at the grocery store.
40. Clean Sheets.
41. A good bra.
42. Hand sanitizer.
43. Teeth Whitener.
44. New make-up.
45. Naps. I LOVE napping.
46. Really hot showers.
47. Bubble bath ( I love that more than a hot shower).
48. Vivid, crazy dreams that I remember.
49. New president. Yes..I'm grateful Bush is almost out of here.
50. Animal shelters. I'm an animal lover and am grateful for places like this.
51. The Office.
52. Seinfeld.
53. Holidays.
54. I"m grateful when Isaac naps.
55. I'm grateful when Isaac doesn't whine.
56. Evening walks in the summer.
57. Warming my feet against Jon's, in bed.
58. Isaac giving me pictures he's drawn.
59. Getting a good parking spot.
60. Payday.
61. Laughing really hard.
62. Camping trips.
63. Completing projects.
64. My in-laws. I married into a great family.
65. Beautiful sunsets.
66. A good gossip magazine.
67. Ibuprofen.
68. A good, crisp, sweet apple.
69. Rainy-stay-inside-watch-a-movie-days.
70. Soup on rainy days.
71. Gum.
72. Roller coasters. I Love roller coasters.
73. When I get rid of irritating hiccups.
74. Mother's instinct.
75. Good hair days.
76. I'm thankful when I have lots of energy.
77. A good sweaty workout.
78. Trees. Lots of big, beautiful, green trees.
79. When Isaac picks up his toys.
80. Reading with Isaac.
81. Watching Jon read with Isaac.
82. The Word Factory video by Leapfrog.
83. Jared. My bro-in-law who has been like a real big brother to me for 15-years.
84. My step-dad. I love him, he's amazing, and he's made my mom insanely happy.
85. Eternal Families.
86. Cookie dough ice cream when there's a chunk in every bite.
87. Propel (Melon flavor).
88. A comfy couch.
89. The smells of fall.
90. Dogs.
91. Blogs.
92. Long bike rides.
93. I'm grateful for summer nights when it's light 'til nine o'clock.
94. Summer BBQ's.
95. I'm grateful for the sense of accomplishment.
96. I'm grateful when my TO DO list is done.
97. I'm thankful for unexpected surprises (good ones).
98. I'm thankful for lunches at Arctic Circle with my sisters, mom, and grandma while the kids play on the toys.
99. I'm thankful when my mom comes and visits and buys me things :)
100. I'm grateful for the moments of realization that Heavenly Father is guiding me and watching over me (I'm sure he does this a lot, but it's the moments of realization that I'm grateful for).

Thanks Katie for letting me steal your idea. It's good to think about those things we're grateful for once in a while.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many of your favorite things are mine too! Weird! Good idea. It makes you truly think what you are grateful for and realize all of the little things that you love!

Wendy said...

Its always therapeutic to stop and think of the things you're thankful. I need to do that more often. Thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

P.S. I just read Isaacs quotes and they're so funny. Kids are just funny.

Grandma said...

Hey- wanted to let you know that Grandma turns 80 on Thursday- call her if you can. Love your blog, Mom

Unknown said...

I had so much fun reading that! Paul and I have decided that we are going to make a trip to Idaho to fish with Grandpa this summer - we will have to meet up! Great list - I might get ambitious and try it!

Emily said...

Tagged ya... check my blog!

The Bullocks said...

I love your loves, it's so good to sit and think about all we have. it totally made me feel happier.

Kari said...

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing. It got me thinking about everything that I love and the little things that I appreciate. You're amazing. Keep it up.

Grandma said...

Grandma has a blog http://grandmalovesyouall.blogspot.com/

Grandma said...

I told Grandma that she had been tagged and she said I'd have to help her but not tonight. She is to tired. She went to lunch with her friends. So later, Love, Mom