Emily "tagged" me... so here ya go!
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
10 Years Ago (Jan. 1998) I was a Senior in High School. Memories/music from high school: Alanis Morrisette's "Isn't it Ironic" singing our guts out while driving around, Kari and her white bug where I'd always keep my arms inside at all times because I was sure she would roll it one of those days while turning a corner or something, and that was the year Puff Daddy remade "I'll be seeing you"-which I think is actually our senior song. Oh yes, and I remember cocky, thought-he-was-all-that Luke Snell (my sister married him, i have to give him crap :)
5 Things on my To-Do List
1. Start preparing my Preschool lesson for next week. We're studying the letter "H", any ideas?
2. Put together a slideshow movie for my mom--very belated Christmas present.
3. Get organized! Throw out the junk and find a spot for the rest of my junk I can't part with.
4. Clean up my email account. I have like 400 emails in there.
5. Exercise.
Snacks I enjoy:
1. My crackers and hummus. (So good! Don't knock it 'til you try it)
2. Fruit (usually oranges, apples, or strawberries)
3. Homemade chocolate chip pudding cookies (so good!)
4. Special K with red berries.
5. Hot chocolate with whipped cream.
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Buy a house!
2. Travel to China and find the best holistic healer there is. If these western docs can't get my ovaries to kick into gear, maybe those eastern docs can. Okay, okay, i would also seek out the best docs here too. I'm game for anything.
3. Since I'm already in China, I'll go ahead and travel the world. I would love to visit Africa, and while I'm there I'll play Santa and give lots of amazing gifts.
4. Pay off student loans and then pay off the student loans of my closest friends and family.
5. Take my family and Jon's family on an amazing vacation.
3 of my bad habits:
1. Too much time in front of the computer.
2. Eating a snack before bed.
3. Being late to everything.
5 places I have lived:
1. Mount Vernon, WA
2. SLC, UT
3. Jackson Hole, WY
4. Spokane, WA
5. Pocatello, ID
5 jobs I have had:
1. Worked with adults with developmental disabilities.
2. Sold cowboy gear while living in Jackson Hole for a summer.
3. Waitressed in a little sandwich shop in S.L.
4. TCBY during the high school years.
5. Medical Transcriptionist.
5 things people don't know about me:
1. I had my belly button pierced when I was 18, took it out when I got pregnant.
2. I had a bout of Bell's Palsy in high school. Freakiest thing that could ever happen. Literally, half of my face was paralyzed. I had a distinct line down the middle of my face and the right side of my face could smile, blink, wrinkle only the right side of my nose, but the left side of my face was dead to the world and I couldn't even blink my eyelid. So freaky! I just woke up one day and my face was like that. I refer to it as "the time my face broke". It lasted for two weeks and then i was fine without any lasting effects. I'm pretty lucky, a lot of people can't get full function back.
3. Once when I was little, I tried to cut off a big clump of matted hair on my cat and I got too close to the skin with the scissors and actually sliced off some of her skin with the hair! I felt so awful and even now as I write this, I feel sick to my stomach. Poor little Andy!
4. I'm completely freaked out about ghosts. I hate to even hear the word and I can't even watch previews for ghost movies. I actually did see the Sixth Sense and What Lies Beneath. I was one of those girls that screamed out loud in the movie theater. I don't think I've seen a ghost movie since What Lies Beneath--it completely freaked me out.
5. Jon surprised me with U2 concert tickets last year and I cried when Bono came on stage. (I couldn't help it, I was just too excited!)
Okay, now I tag Bonnie, Kari, Grandma, Katie, & Ashley
Race With the Devil [1975]
1 year ago



14 comments:
Interesting facts that I didn't know about you. Poor cat. Well, I wish that we could see more of you guys and more of the Peterson family, I was so excited when Ashley told me about your blog and everyone else's blogs too. Sounds like life for you and your adorable family is good. keep in touch!
I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one TERRIFIED of ghosts! You are braver than me. I have seen NONE of those movies. Travis rents them and watches them at 2 in the morning when I am safely sound asleep!
1. I want to know what chocolate chip pudding cookies are... they sound GOOD!
2. I absolutely LOVE TCBY. We live about one block away from one right now. I wish I could work there and eat all the frozen yogurt.
3. Did you ever watch the show "Unsolved Mysteries"? I don't know why I watched it... it always scared the crap out of me and gave me nightmares!
I learned so much about you!
I LOVE your new blog setup!
Too funny! I have to say that you never shared that little "tid-bit" about your cat with me. Nice. So this was a great idea and I've completed mine on my blog. You'll have to read. I'm pretty sure you know most of it already. Did you get my email, since you're checking it today? We're coming Fri. night, so maybe Sat. we can hang out??
Holly, This is mom. I'll have Grandma tag back on Sunday. This will be a good way for her to see how the blog works. I like the new look. You'll need to help me with suggestions for Grandma's blog. Mom
so I'm holding you to paying off my student loans if you ever become a billionaire. I'll have to do mine soon. you've gotten my hopes up that you might come out and see us. let me know when you are thinking, it would be so fun. I'll even arrange a babysitter so we can go play.
Hey girl, that tag thing was actually pretty fun. I think this is by far the best I have done updating my blog since I started a year ago. Much more to share now I guess. Does Sat around noonish work for you? Usually we do a big breakfast and what-not with my in-laws. Email me your # and I'll give you call that morning so we can work it out. Can't wait to actually see you!
You've been out of high school for 10 years???????? You're old!!!!!!
You cried when Bono came out?? Very funny Holly. It was fun to learn about you. Oh and by the way I had a close friend who got bells palsy one summer after college. Luckily she fully recovered. Glad you did too.
I love reading those things about you. I think this blog stuff is great it helps me get to know people on my husband's side of the family.
P.S I once had a ghost experience late at night when my kids were asleep and Eph wasn't home. I will stop there so I don't terrify you.
Bono is my secret crush too. I would cry if I saw him. He is so hot and manly. You are so lucky you got to go to a U2 concert.
Those are great facts about you! i wish i had known you sooner!;) Hey, I love your new blog - I have been wanting to add a picture to the top for sometime now, how would I go about doing this????
Post a Comment