Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Again!

Okay, it's true. I can't resist these tags! They're fun to do. However, you've heard enough about me. Now it's time to learn a little bit about Jon, so I made him do this tag.

This is the Blast From The Past Tag:
_________________________

What television show or movie did you want to be in when you were little? The Last Star Fighter.

Which character or star? Alex Rogan.

Most embarrassing moment your friends will never let die?
None of my friends were on my team so none of them even know, let alone remember this, but when I was 9 or 10, I got stuck on third base in a baseball game and I had to pee really bad. I tried to make it through the inning but it just kept going and going. Finally, I lost it. When I got to the dugout, I purposefully spilled some 7-UP on myself to try and cover the evidence. One of the older guys on my team came over and said "Don't worry. I don't think anyone saw that." I thought that was really cool.
(haha-I tried to get him to write that he wee wee wee'd all the way home, but he refused.)

Your proudest moment or accomplishment? Having Isaac.

Who was your first kiss, where was it and all the other details? I think it was in 2nd grade during Story Time. I think it was Lenny Nelson. There were a couple of girls who all wanted to sit by me. They had to draw straws or something. I'm not kidding. Finally, they decided Lenny got to sit by me and when she sat down she just leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. It was pretty embarassing.

What adult did you have a crush on when you were little? I wasn't too little when this movie came out but I've always had a thing for The Little Mermaid.

What habit or personality trait do you have of your mother or father that you swore you would never have? Sometimes I catch myself laughing at things in movies or whatever that I know I would have ripped my dad for laughing at when I was younger.

What did you want to change your name to when you were little? I always wanted it to be a Spanish name. Nothing in particular.

What are 3 adjectives that someone from high school or middle school would use to describe you? Quiet, small, and a smartass.

What hairstyle, clothes, or other accessories did you rock back in the day when it was cool? I never "rocked" anything that was particularly cool but I did wear chain wallets, Chuck Taylors, and lots of clothes from The Mission or Next to New (thrift stores).


What job did those long and annoying surveys in school say you would be good at? Surprisingly, I think they actually said a writer or a lawyer.

And what did you try and make the test result outcome be? I never tried to change anything.

What made you laugh harder than you have ever laughed before? "The Revenge of Big Papa" (a full-length home movie including commercials made by me and my friends). It was the story of a mentally-challenged caretaker who brutally murdered a bunch of peace-loving hippies.

Favorite memory of hanging out with your best friends? When we managed to play a decent gig with our band, Crooked Man. Of all the shows we played, only one or two were even close to what I would call "good" but I definitely remember those ones.
What's the most trouble you have ever got in with your parents? I never really got into too much trouble but when I was in 7th or 8th grade they were convinced I was on drugs just b/c I started skating, I had some new friends, and my grades took a turn for the worse.

What was your 5 year plan when you had to write it out in high school? I don't remember ever writing out a 5-year plan but if I did it would have said "Take the band as far as possible. Go on a mission and go to college."

And last but not least...
What is your 5 year plan now? See what happens.
(You love the band pictures? Aw...those were the glory days. The one with the long hair is actually his brother, Josh. They're only a year apart. We love you Josh!)
Now I tag Luke, Chad, Ryan B., Josh E., and whoever else that can convince their husband to post a tag. Do it-you know you want to.

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Jon, I didn't know you knew how to sing! I liked reading about you.
Love, grandma

Unknown said...

Holly! thanks for all of your nice comments! You should totally check your D.I. - you never know what you might find!:)
When you ever have spare time i would love you to put music to my photos - how neat would that be?!:) I would LOVE those old photos! my email is
boltonaubrey@yahoo.com
Thanks my dear! LOVE YA!

The Bullocks said...

That was fun to read, when Ryan gets back I'll have to make him do it.

Wendy said...

I love how your peed on yourself then poured 7up on yourself to cover it up. That's hilarious! Fun to read and I had no idea you were in a band. Thanks for sharin! Now I'll see if I can talk Chad into doing it.