Last night we went over to my sister Kerrie's house for ice cream and cake and so this picture is very recent and accurately portrays her age. 31!!! So now Kerrie is officially "in her 30's" (haha! I'm going to enjoy saying that to her until I get there in three years). But, I REFUSE to let her old age define her so I'm going to make a quick list of some of the best things about Kerrie that have nothing whatsoever to do with her old age or her grey hair.
1. She's probably one of the nicest people I've ever known. I could go into many details about what makes her the nicest, but it doesn't matter...she's just one of the "nicest people you'll ever meet" and I would bet there are many others that would give her the same title.
2. She's always reading a new book and then telling us about it.
3. She's a Martha Stewart. She makes so many things for her house and other people that just look awesome. (she's also basically a professional scrapbooker)
4. She's a bargain freak, and then she'll call and tell you all about her great bargain with lots of excitement, usually throwing in two or three "woo-hoo!'s" in the conversation:)
5. And finally...I'd have to say it's how welcoming she makes her home. Her house is the gathering place for friends and all of her extended family. For me personally, it's always fun to go hang at Kerrie's because she'll stop all housework and whatever else she has going on that day to make you lunch and then just sit at the kitchen table and have some fun girl talk. I love it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRIE, LOVE YOU!!



9 comments:
Thanks, Holly. But I think you got the age wrong. I'm really 29. Right, mom? Love you, and we sure are going to miss you guys when/if you ever move. I'm really enjoying our marble game tradition on Sunday nights. WE RULE!
KEEP HOLDING AT 29 CAUSE YOU CAN PASS THAT OFF WITH YOUR KIDS FOR MANY MANY YEARS! I KNOW IT WORKED FOR ME!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRIE!!!! 30's are the new 20! Plus you look awesome, you shouldn't worry! LOVE YOU!!!!
I realized I should have posted this on her blog
Dang that is a good looking cake
Alright so you really gotta stop with the old comments cause I'm more than a year older than she is. My dads birthday was yesterday too. Weird. My big sister's is tomorrow. I don't know you Kerrie but Happy Birthday!
haha Wendy! I knew I'd get a comment from you on this post. Don't worry, you look incredible for being an old woman too :D
Happy Birthday to Kerrie! How lucky that you are close to celebrate together! I turned 29 (for real) on my last birthday and I threw myself a party because it was the last one I will ever acknowledge again! I will NOT GET OLD! Your cake makes me hungry. I think that I have some skinny cows left in my freezer hmm... I might have to go pretend it is cake!
I like you Ariann
Post a Comment