Sunday, April 27, 2008

The worst wedding announcement ever!

I have to share this announcement. Jon and I have been laughing about this one for years. It's usually about the time we're moving somewhere and I'm digging through my old stuff when I find this announcement and then I pull it out so we can have a good laugh. And yes, it gives us a good laugh every time!
This is a real announcement. This lady I used to work with had it in her cubicle because she's related to someone in the picture. She was kind enough to let me make a copy and it's been a treasure of mine ever since.

This is the front of the announcement. I'm so sad it's a black and white copy because in the real announcement, I think her leotard was florescent pink and his "outfit" was florescent yellow.


Can you believe that? I dare anybody to top that announcement. And if by some crazy chance, one of my blogging friends knows who these people are and is offended, I'm sorry. I'm sure they're very nice people and still workout.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's gross

Jennie B. said...

You have GOT to be kidding me! I wish that was me and Mike. They are LEGENDS!!!!

The Bullocks said...

ok I am so sad I didn't save this announcement that Ryan's mom got last year. it was some Chinese comic book picture (they weren't Chinese either) And then it was followed by some psycho poem about how riddalin was the air they breath. anyway they were in my mother-in-law's ward and I couldn't believe the girls mom let her send it out. I would have died if I was her parent.
But I still think your picture tops it.

The Bullocks said...

p.s how is the move going. you need to come to Utah this summer for sure.

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Thank you Holly for posting that announcement! I have clicked onto your blog a dozen times today just to laugh out loud!

Unknown said...

What's so funny???? Don't you know that Paul and I wear wear flourecent spandex when we work out too? I am soooo offended! Geesh! :)

Grandma said...

The wedding announcement has got to go before someone else gets the idea. Having fun packing??

Cindy said...

Great announcement. I can't believe someone would want to be dressed in hardly nothing to announce there wedding. They must of met lifting weights. It's a classic for sure!!

Kerrie said...

Now you need to post the one, where you changed the faces to be you and Jon. I know you secretly want to show us.

Kari said...

Ah, haha! I love this1 Totally just made my day. Hilarious. So I'm thrilled that you are making the big move! When is the blessed event? I'm going to be in Boise the week of May 4th. If you'll still be there, I'd love to see you. Thanks for the pick-me-up!

Wendy said...

That's hilarious! And gross.