Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Went to Peru!

Okay, no, I didn't actually go to Peru, but Jon's mom and brother did...and I'm so jealous! They experienced Machu Picchu, the Amazon, the Andes, went piranha fishing, hung out with Yagua Indians, played with monkeys, and a whole lot of other adventures that I'm sure I'll hear more about next time we visit Jon's parents. I just wanted to show a few of these amazing pictures and I just hope one day I can experience this place for myself because I would take an adventure like this over sunbathing on the beaches of Mexico anytime! (not that I've ever been to Mexico either:(


My mother-in-law, D'ann. She thrives in new and different cultures.


The Yagua Indians. I don't know what they're doing, I wasn't there.


Jon's brother, Josh, with a monkey on his head.
The famous Machu Picchu.

The valley of the Andes. (I think)

These people are beautiful. Don't these pictures make you want to go there??

And one last photo of Jon's mom. I love this lady's sense of adventure. In the last couple of years she's traveled to Costa Rica twice, China, and now Peru and always returns full of life and love for another culture. She's the perfect example of living in the moment and appreciating everything.

1 comments:

Grandma said...

that is very cool of d'an. yes i think she is an amazing lady.