Check out what I made! I'm so proud of my creation and it only cost about $30. Eight of that was spend on clearance lumber at Home Depot (even the cute white board part), and then the remainder on clearance outdoor fabric. Did you know Home Depot will cut the lumber for you? That is so awesome! The cushion part I already had. Pretty cute huh? The best part is now I can shove totes and stuff under it and no one knows. You can't see, but fabric hangs down the sides so I can access the junk underneath. Anyway, I thought it was a worthy blog post. I feel like I've been nesting. I'm doing tons of projects and cleaning/dejunking and seem to always be on the move. This drive just took over ever since we got our wonderful baby news and I'm wondering if adoptive moms have a nesting instinct too, because I definitely think I'm feeling it!
Oh, I also have a quick story. Isaac and I were playing at the park and he was trying to climb up a cylinder slide (you know, the ones that are completely covered). I can hear him struggling, but then I heard him say, "I just have to believe in myself and I can do this". How cute is that!? That was a proud momma moment, for sure. I hope that dialogue goes on in his head his whole life.
Good thing I write about this stuff because it's nice to read when your kid is in time out for having a COMPLETE meltdown over cherry juice dripping on his leg, and then our friend's dog (small puppy) jumping up on him that didn't bother him ten minutes before, getting something in his eye, and then being told it's time to turn off the TV....DRAMA,DRAMA, DRAMA. Either he's really tired, coming down with something, or just extremely and unusually sensitive today, but I'm about at my wits end. So it's nice that I write down the special moments-it helps me get through the ugly moments with a little bit more ease.
Alright...time out is over. It's time for a hug. I think we both need one.
Race With the Devil [1975]
1 year ago



4 comments:
SUPER cute! Little miss crafty pants!! Now get here!
do they use anesthesia when the cut lumbar at home depot???
Haha!! Smartass. I just changed it...I knew it looked a little off.
That is so cute. I can't believe how cheep. every time I try and home make something it ends up costing way more than just buying it. and it always looks like crap.
I love Isaac and his motivational speeches to himself. he is so cute.
Post a Comment