Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fun Times with Joel & Amy

It's been a great summer so far and a lot of that fun has been spent with Jon's brother Joel, his wife Amy, and their two cute little boys. First we went to visit them...

Cute little Noah always has a smile for everyone.

Part of our trip there was spent in the Emergency Room. Poor little Eli's face connected with the shopping cart (specifically the bracket that is above the wheel). He and Isaac were playing a little chase game in the grocery store (obviously not a good idea), when Eli tripped right at my feet just in time for me to look down completely helpless as metal pierced into his upper nose like a hot knife to butter. As I picked him up, and before the blood came, I could see his white nasal cartilage. We immediately whisked him off to the E.R. for stitches and a CAT scan. Poor kiddo. It was a traumatic thing for all involved.


Can't go to Mount Vernon without doing some tide pooling.

And playing in the COLD ocean. (I LOVE this picture Jon took)
Another great picture taken by Jon.
And then Joel and Amy came to visit us....

They just came for a quick weekend trip, but it was still so much fun. The highlight was going to a minor league baseball game. Prior to the game they had lots of fun games set up and so the kids had some fun fishing for prizes, eating hot dogs, and practicing their batting skills.

Joel, Amy, Eli, and Noah before the game started.

us before the game too.

The baseball game was fun, but when the kids got antsy we decided to leave early and hit the pool.

Check out that dive! Isaac has seriously turned into a little fish this summer.

Anyway, thanks Joel and Amy for some good times this summer.

BABY UPDATE: Okay...well, I don't really have anything new to post. Things are going along as planned and I'm still walking on cloud nine. Honestly, some days I have to remind myself that this is real, that this is really happening. After nearly three years of aching to meet the next member of our family and at times wondering if our prayers were even heard...at this time I can't feel anything other than complete gratitude and humility to a Heavenly Father that knows all things, has a timetable of his own that is infinitely perfect, and is knowingly and purposefully interweaving two families to carry out his will--but at the same time teaching us a whole lot of lessons in the process. I also am so grateful to our amazing birthmom for making the hardest and greatest decision for her little girl. Thank you...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like good times! I feel so bad for poor little Eli. That picture made me feel a little sick to my stomach.
I'm so excited to meet the next member of your fam too. I can't believe what a process all of this has been but it will be SO rewarding when you are finally cuddling her in your arms.-If she would just get here already!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Eli- that nose looks sore and in one picture when they came to visit you I can still see how red it is. It does look like you've had a fun summer and the summer is going so fast. I wanted to come and have fun with you this summer but glad for the times you came to me. I'm grateful too for a loving Heavenly Father who answers our prayers and helps us through life's challenges. This adoption process has been a blessing to our whole family and we are excited for the upcoming event. We can't wait to love this new little. We have waited a long time for her. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Oops- This is mom. I didn't realize I was signed in under Bonnie. But you can tell it's me and not her. Well..... I just read her comment and it looks like we are all on the same page!

Janelle said...

Poor little dude!! Im glad hes ok! And Im also glad that you have EXTENSIVE knowledge of noses being cut open, thanks to your gory years up in MTV! ;)
You guys are a great lookign family, and pics of Isaac always make me giggle! He just looks so awesome! I am SO excited for you to get your baby girl, plleeeease keep me posted!

Cindy said...

oh my heavens. It has been way to long since I have checked your blog. I am wiping tears from my eyes as I write. You guys are getting a new baby girl. I am so happy for your family. I love the little girl set up you picked out for her room. Blessings for all!! What great news. Looks like summer has been going well for the family. Your poor little nephew and the shopping cart accident. I will for sure be checking your blog more often then I have been